Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Forum-misery IS OVER ******* YEAHHH ***

Medessec
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: Forum-misery IS OVER ******* YEAHHH ***

#31 Post by Medessec » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:45 am

Just so everyone knows: That's 11PM Western time, 7AM in British-land time, and Europeans go from there.

As long as it doesn't completely stifle forum functionality... such as getting SQL errors during the backups, non-loading pages, the reply page not loading or the "Your message was posted" page not loading and I sit in fear that I double posted on accident...

I should be okay.
Trying my hardest to collect Thinkpads, but college and being broke kinda gets in the way. However...
701C, 760, 770, X24, T30, G41, A31p, T43p, T60/61 Frankie, Z61p, X60 SXGA+, W700ds
MEDESSEC

and yes. I am a bit of a lunatic.

BillMorrow
*Senior* Admin
*Senior* Admin

Re: Forum-misery IS OVER ******* YEAHHH ***

#32 Post by BillMorrow » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:05 pm

the backup takes about 10 minutes to complete..
sometimes I download it to local storage bu tthat only uses bandwidth and I pay for gigabits of bandwidth so it should not cause any delays..

I should add that I too love the new speed.. it enables me to sort out spammers from those who are merely shy and don't want to say what their location is..
I totally understand that but come on, its only for local consumption of other members..
AND I suppose I can mod the code to only show locations to registered forum members rather than guests..
Bill Morrow, kept by parrots :parrot: & cockatoos
Sysop - forum.thinkpads.com

She was not what you would call refined,
She was not what you would call unrefined,
She was the type of person who kept a parrot.
~~~Mark Twain~~~

Return to “Forum Announcements”