I've spent some grand time researching my problem, and have found 100s of forum and related posts; however, am unclear, confused, and pretty desperate.
- infamous DC power jack/port broke
- shorted the motherboard via one more "wiggle" attempt before replacing port (successfully); no lights, charge - just dead
- ordered & replaced correct motherboard (successfully [i5-3427u, 4GB, etc.])
- immediately powered up with and without AC charge, but to black screen
- tried every attempt to get into BIOS; white screen appeared remains, and POSTs (I guess) in several beep combos; they vary/are inconsistent
- learned I probably need to boot manually via downloading something onto a USB due to new system board serial #, etc.
- this is now beyond my knowledge and while I've read *countless* articles on related instances, I've found no clear instructions on what to do
- I've another laptop for the next ~2 days, so am able to download whatever I need onto whatever I need
- I've never booted from a USB and it is impossible to have anything onScreen other than white
- I've tried the CMOS reset (yellow coin battery attached via cable), and any other power up/down/shift/delete/F-anything/battery combos in/out/it goes well on ..... ; just assuming I need to boot via a way I am completely unfamiliar with, and will be unequivocally appreciative to anyone that can assist me! I am running WIN7 on the machine, yet it came with WIN8, if that matters at all
I should be able to reply to any questions to this post near-immediately!
Thanks so much everyone