I've got a 3rd gen X1 Carbon Tablet that sometimes seems to fall into a non-responsive sleep state. The power button light continues to pulse slowly and the red light on the lid does the same, but the Tablet does not respond to any input. I notice the problem when I'm docked via Thunderbolt in a ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock. I have power settings in Windows 10 configured to sleep after a certain amount of time, but never to hibernate, I think.
By non-responsive, I mean that none of the following seems to wake it:
- pressing the power button on the X1 Tablet
- pressing the power button on the Dock
- pressing the fingerprint reader on the X1 Tablet
- typing any key, including Fn on the attached keyboard
- unplugging the Thunderbolt connector, replugging it
- clicking any mouse button or touchpad on the keyboard
To "wake" it up, I have to hold down the power button for 15 seconds until the machine hard turns off. Then reboot from cold start.
Is this a problem with Windows 10 Pro generally? Or is this something specific to my hardware? Is it possibly the Thunderbolt dock? Or my power settings?