Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Thinkpad X1 Fold Review from MobileSyrup

X1 / X1-Carbon (X1C) / X1-Extreme (X1E) Series/Generations
pkiff

Thinkpad X1 Fold Review from MobileSyrup

#1 Post by pkiff » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:42 am

Here's a hands-on review of the Thinkpad X1 Fold - not by me, and I have no connection to the site or author.

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Fold Review: Fun to fold, frustrating to use:
https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/01/27/leno ... ld-review/

My interest in these slightly weird, edge-use tablet-like Thinkpads goes back all the way to the Transnote, and continues through the Thinkpad Helix and X1 Tablet (which I actually bought). The one thing that I immediately noticed with the X1 Fold was that the keyboard does not have a Trackpoint. If my X1 Tablet hadn't had a Trackpoint, then I wouldn't have bought it. And indeed, up until recently, I more or less thought that if it didn't have a Trackpoint, then it wasn't a real "Thinkpad". Nomenclature aside, though, if the keyboard doesn't have a Trackpoint, then as far as I'm concerned, there are lots of other keyboard options available from different manufacturers in all kinds of form factors and connectors. I have two excellent ones that I use with my Android phones and tablets already, including a folding keyboard that fits neatly in my coat pocket. And at a starting price of CAD $3,369 in Canada and USD $2,499 in the U.S. - PLUS the cost of the keyboard! - it doesn't take much to keep me from thinking seriously of buying one!
X1E Gen 4 · X1T 3rd Gen · W520 · Legacy: P52, T60p, X61T, 600X, 770Z
Nostalgic for: 600X PIII 850MHz in a SelectaDock III with 64MB Voodoo 5 5500 and Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1.

betonhaus

Re: Thinkpad X1 Fold Review from MobileSyrup

#2 Post by betonhaus » Fri May 14, 2021 11:12 pm

The prices of flagship ThinkPad are always [censored] nuts, but they do get discounted to more reasonable prices sometimes.