Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Updating Apps

ThinkPad/Ideapad Slate Tablet, Tablet 2, Miix etc.
Shofar

Updating Apps

#1 Post by Shofar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:34 am

Yesterday on my phone I had a notice to update or automatic updates of some apps.

On my TPT, there does not seem to be a way to update them.

How do we update apps on the TPT??

With thanks in advance.

Shofar

JBuzzard
Sophomore Member

Re: Updating Apps

#2 Post by JBuzzard » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:11 pm

You go into the Google Play Store app (assuming you've updated to 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich) or the Lenovo App Shop app. You should be able to select My Apps or the download list with the little down-arrow over a line icon in the top action bar, then select Installed and you should see a list of apps needing updates at the top. You can tell it to automatically update apps (will run in the background when connected) in the Play Store settings. You'll need to have a Google account setup of course.

The Lenovo App Shop probably has some of the same features but I honestly haven't even created an account in there yet.
W520 4276-37U, W520 4282-A61, and X61T 7769-A67 ThinkPads; D20 4155-CTO ThinkStations; plus lots of ThinkCentres

JBuzzard
Sophomore Member

Re: Updating Apps-can't create account in Lenovo App Shop

#3 Post by JBuzzard » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:24 pm

BTW I just tried to create an account in the Lenovo App Shop app and I can fill everything except Country which is a required field. It brings up a selector (I think - just an empty box on the screen) but it isn't populated with anything at all. Really hard to imagine this was ever run through QA. Maybe Lenovo only tested it with Chinese?

Has anyone been able to sign up in the App Shop?
W520 4276-37U, W520 4282-A61, and X61T 7769-A67 ThinkPads; D20 4155-CTO ThinkStations; plus lots of ThinkCentres