Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Thinkpad Tablet 10 vs competition

ThinkPad/Ideapad Slate Tablet, Tablet 2, Miix etc.
csioucs
Sophomore Member

Thinkpad Tablet 10 vs competition

#1 Post by csioucs » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Hello everyone!

I figured that we are (became) aware of the Thinkpad Tablet 10. It seems a step further into thinkpad identity (digitizer, keyboard WITH key travel, dock, some milspecs met, 16:10, etc), than the Thinkpad 8, which has less features to recommend it from the competition. However in terms of trackpoint, it seems to shamelessly go where a thinkpad should not tread - a trackpoint-less keyboard.

And now enter the saviour of the red nub turned black -Toshiba Kirabook L93. (Of course I should mention other names here, but this Kirabook seems closer to the thinkpad functionwise). Sadly, the Kirabook doesn't seem to have a digitizer ...

Thoughts?

(of course, the dream would be a hybrid out of the Pro 3)

(to mods: I posted here due to the tablet idea, if this is badly placed, please put it where it belongs better)
Daily: P1G2
Occasionaly:TPY370, X1T
Active retirement:FHD T420s. Watching: X280 (wife's). retired:X61T, X301, T60p, T60, X31, T30, 380E

elray
Sophomore Member

Re: Thinkpad Tablet 10 vs competition

#2 Post by elray » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:58 am

csioucs wrote: Thoughts?
Has anyone tested to see if the Thinkpad Tablet 10 nests with the Tablet 2 Keyboard?

Much to the chagrin of the form-over-substance wannabe-Cupertino "design" team's effort to destroy the Thinkpad series, they apparently didn't test-drive the Tablet 8 to make sure it was incompatible with a faux-trackpoint keyboard:

http://blog.lenovo.com/design/the-think ... y-accident
T430 Windows 10