Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Hibernate problem Windows 10 Thinpad Tablet 10

ThinkPad/Ideapad Slate Tablet, Tablet 2, Miix etc.
Viliam

Hibernate problem Windows 10 Thinpad Tablet 10

#1 Post by Viliam » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:06 am

Hello,
I have a problem with hibernate in Windows 10 on my ThinkPad Tablet 10. If it wakes up from hibernation, programs are not open (like Google Chrome, OneNote, etc) as I left them. I tried to find out the problem through windows forum but there is nothing about it.

Another thing is that there is no message like "Resuming from hibernation" so I do not know if it works. It takes the same time to wake up from hibernation as from shut down, the process seems to be the same.

TTY

Re: Hibernate problem Windows 10 Thinpad Tablet 10

#2 Post by TTY » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:17 pm

Viliam wrote:Another thing is that there is no message like "Resuming from hibernation" so I do not know if it works. It takes the same time to wake up from hibernation as from shut down, the process seems to be the same.
Hello and welcome to the forum :-) I haven't used Windows 10 very much, but in Windows 8.1, if i tell Windows to shut down, it actually seems to hibernate instead. I suppose it might be the same thing in Windows 10. That would explain why the time it takes to wake up from hibernation is equal to the the time it takes to start the computer after having shut it down.