Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

TPT2 - what went wrong?

ThinkPad/Ideapad Slate Tablet, Tablet 2, Miix etc.
tinkerer

TPT2 - what went wrong?

#1 Post by tinkerer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:33 pm

Bought a TPT2 a few years back when I was in school. During school it crapped out and I needed something that worked and I needed it right then and there. So I bought this Dell POS that I've still been using. But it still works.

TPT2 would more often than not give the Win8 version of the BSOD during bootup with the ascii sad smile. It was relegated to a box in the basement. I stumbled upon it today and tried it out. Fired right up with no issues. Well, not at first. Started getting the blue screens during boot up. Went into the bios and changed some setting that sounded like it will run in low power mode - said video might be choppy - and it seems to be doing much better. I think it's a heat issue. Maybe a bad solder joint?

Anyway. What might are the common issues with these? I like to mess around with junk (hence the name) and figure if I can get it running for a few bucks worth of used parts off Ebay, I'm golden.
Yoga 14 - daily workhorse
X250 - kid's school machine
X60t - RIP

SurrealMustard
Sophomore Member

Speakers!

#2 Post by SurrealMustard » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:19 pm

tinkerer wrote: Anyway. What might are the common issues with these? I like to mess around with junk (hence the name) and figure if I can get it running for a few bucks worth of used parts off Ebay, I'm golden.
The biggest problem I hear of people having is with the speakers. One, the other, or both have the tendency to blow or just completely die. The ones in mine are actually still good, but the headphone jack is a bit inconsistent with certain headphones (although I suspect I'm in the minority on that).