Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Is there a way to disable the dynamic contrast?

ThinkPad/Ideapad Slate Tablet, Tablet 2, Miix etc.
SurrealMustard
Sophomore Member

Is there a way to disable the dynamic contrast?

#1 Post by SurrealMustard » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Just like those irritating televisions that dim the backlight in dark scenes and jack it up in bright ones, I've noticed that the Tablet 2 has some kind of dynamic contrast system as well. I don't mind that it adjusts the brightness based on the ambient light level, but I can't stand when it does it based on what's on the screen. Is there a way to disable this?

hhhd1

Re: Is there a way to disable the dynamic contrast?

#2 Post by hhhd1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:31 am

SurrealMustard wrote:Just like those irritating televisions that dim the backlight in dark scenes and jack it up in bright ones, I've noticed that the Tablet 2 has some kind of dynamic contrast system as well. I don't mind that it adjusts the brightness based on the ambient light level, but I can't stand when it does it based on what's on the screen. Is there a way to disable this?
it is coming from power saving features in intel graphics, try to disable them all.
===

SurrealMustard
Sophomore Member

Re: Is there a way to disable the dynamic contrast?

#3 Post by SurrealMustard » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:58 am

hhhd1 wrote:
SurrealMustard wrote:Just like those irritating televisions that dim the backlight in dark scenes and jack it up in bright ones, I've noticed that the Tablet 2 has some kind of dynamic contrast system as well. I don't mind that it adjusts the brightness based on the ambient light level, but I can't stand when it does it based on what's on the screen. Is there a way to disable this?
it is coming from power saving features in intel graphics, try to disable them all.
I checked. The "Intel" control panel for that PowerVR video system is super-dumbed-down and really limited. I didn't see any kind of setting like that available in there.