Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

TP Helix II (20CG/20CH) led signaling ... What? - addendum -

ThinkPad/Ideapad Slate Tablet, Tablet 2, Miix etc.
friedrich-eugen
thinkpads.com customer
thinkpads.com customer

TP Helix II (20CG/20CH) led signaling ... What? - addendum -

#1 Post by friedrich-eugen » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:14 am

Hello,

I once again have restarted a trial... restoring Helix II Systems that have obviously not(!) been used for a long time ... So I do have to accept, that waking up is hard to do... : :wink: ...

The system does react ... by 3 quick red "beeps" of its diode/Led on its back. Looking into Lenovos HM etc, I do not find a hint, what that is supposed to say.

Any advice ?

Well any advice leading further... After loading for a night, the Helix starts to its primary screen of blue than stops, led is alight, than "beeps" twice (!) ...
Now, I think frankly its the battery that is at it's lifes end... Still I would like if there is more to it. ???

Thanks for any hints / answers...
-friedrich-eugen-
started with IBM-XT & AST-Ascentia (910N) in the 90ties, relying on Thinkpads (770X, A31P, T60-61P Frankenp.) until 2017,
now using TP W530 FHD (i7 Nvida 2GB, 32GB, 500GB & 2TB SSD), X230T (i7 32GB/ 1TB), TP Yoga X390 (i7 16GB 2TB)
Windows 10 & Windows 11 Pro

friedrich-eugen
thinkpads.com customer
thinkpads.com customer

Re: TP Helix II (20CG/20CH) led signaling ... What? - addendum II -

#2 Post by friedrich-eugen » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:27 am

Hello all:

The system does tell anything, may be, just that its bios battery ist working... If the system does not enter bios... the battery in the system, possibly the one in the ultrabook pro keyboard is dead, too.

After replacing bios-battery, system-battery and keyboard battery, the systems came back to life... cleand out and after installing a larger SSD 512GB I managed to install working Windos 10 and windows 11, all system go and fine.

But one is left: Sierra 7345 does install and seems working properly, but does not read SIM-Cards (it does not manage to see (!) it.

SO: it's the battery, stupid, most of times
-friedrich-eugen-
started with IBM-XT & AST-Ascentia (910N) in the 90ties, relying on Thinkpads (770X, A31P, T60-61P Frankenp.) until 2017,
now using TP W530 FHD (i7 Nvida 2GB, 32GB, 500GB & 2TB SSD), X230T (i7 32GB/ 1TB), TP Yoga X390 (i7 16GB 2TB)
Windows 10 & Windows 11 Pro