Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Right click stopped to work

Windows 8 on ThinkPads
Eudoxus

Right click stopped to work

#1 Post by Eudoxus » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi!
A couple of days ago my mouse on T500 started to behave a little strange - right click stopped to work at all, but the left click sometimes works as the right click, sometimes as the left and sometimes does not work at all (looks like it depends on the application that I try to use). The only thing that I changed on my system that day was installing the Goodle Disc.
I tried many things to deal with this problem - re-installed synaptic drivers, checked the relevant settings, and today even refreshed my Windows 8.1 installation. As I have tried all the things that I can imagine any suggestions would be kindly appreciated.

Upd: Meanwhile, I tried some things. First, I replaced the keyboard to see whether it may be hardware issue, but the new keyboard showed the same problems. Finally, I added an USB mouse and as it turns out now everything works like it should. So, I suspect that it is synaptic drivers issue, however, I don't know what I can do about it.

ThinkPad T500 (2242-CTO) P8600 / RAM 4GB / WSXGA+ / HDD Hitachi 7K320 320GB / 6 Cell Sony / Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
ThinkPad X61s (7669-3KG) / RAM 3GB/ HDD Fujitsu 7200rpm 160GB/ Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

ThinkPad Tablet 2 (3679-25G) / Windows 8.1 Pro

Past: T61 / R61 / R52 / 760E