Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T440 Ultra Dock ext. screen

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
hhmcsv
Sophomore Member

T440 Ultra Dock ext. screen

#1 Post by hhmcsv » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:20 pm

I would like my screen on the T440 (running Win10pro) visible on an external screen (Philips TV) using the HDMI connection from the dock. I have read the other contributions containing the upgrade to firmware 2.30, but the solution is not stable.
Occasionally, using this sequence would give a result, but seldom:
1. Apply power to TV set, but do not turn it on
2. Apply power to the Ultra dock
3. Place the T440 in the dock and turn it on (usually from sleep)
4. Turn on the TV
But on most occasions, both screens turn black, and it is not possible to get any picture on either PC or TV (which just states "no signal")
When it works, both picture and sound comes over fine (in control panel, the TV sound function has to be set active)
Connecting the TV directly from the T440 using a dvi-hdmi converter cable works flawlessly.

What do I do wrong?
Hans-Henrik
T440 20B7S0HN00 - before this T60's fan with 3 in the family (daughter, son-in-law), T60p for one grandchild and an Ideapad U330 Touch for one more grandchild. All now running Win10 - no issues :D

hhmcsv
Sophomore Member

Re: T440 Ultra Dock ext. screen

#2 Post by hhmcsv » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:23 am

Now returning to the dock to make ready for the forthcoming summers activities, suddenly the external screen comes on without any special procedures. I suppose that one of the many updates to Win10 over the winter must have solved the problem :D
Hans-Henrik
T440 20B7S0HN00 - before this T60's fan with 3 in the family (daughter, son-in-law), T60p for one grandchild and an Ideapad U330 Touch for one more grandchild. All now running Win10 - no issues :D