So back in October I wanted to get a privacy filter for use with my T460s while on airplanes, etc.
Like any good Thinkpad customer I went to Lenovo's site to buy their recommended product, which I did:
3M 14’ Gold Privacy Filter Designed for Lenovo
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/cont ... 016_ORDCON
Part #: 4XJ0J85363
Now a few months later:
* the adhesive strips on the screen no longer hold the filter on reliably
* for the 96% of the time I use my T460s without the privacy filter, I have these ugly adhesive strips on the left and right most edges of my screen
Can anyone here make some recommendations for:
(1) a different privacy filter, that uses the bezel (not the screen itself) to affix a privacy guard
(2) removing the adhesive strip residue without ruining my nice screen
Current Thinkpads: X220, T460s
Previous Thinkpads: T60P, X300
- Posts: 17373
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:17 am
- Location: Mt. Cobb, PA USA
On on each side and one on the bottom should do it.
You can try some Isopropyl alcohol on a soft cotton ball (as used for e.g. makeup removal) and gently rub the glue leftover away from both screen and filter.
Be sparse with the liquid and make sure to have the machine switched off before you do this.
Check out The Boardroom for Parts, Mods and Other Services.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: axur-delmeria and 3 guests