Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Bizarre T430s Mouse Pronlems

T430-T490, T530-T590 Series
Chronoculars

Bizarre T430s Mouse Pronlems

#1 Post by Chronoculars » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Hello!

I have been quite happy with the performance of my laptop for months now, until a problem arose: I had some very bizarre mouse problems.

So, the T430s has 3 USB ports. One on the left side, and 2 on the back. The port on the left side of the machine and the rightmost port on the back had the same problem: they would work perfectly fine on the OS and other applications, but when it came to my Steam games, they became faulty during gameplay (strangely, not on menu screens, though.) The leftmost one on the back works for a while when I turn in on, but then I hear the disconnect and reconnect sounds as it sporadically comes off and back on before finally giving up.

I checked the underside of the mouse for every port, and it lights up, whether it's working or not. I even tried it with a completely different mouse, and the problems stayed the same.

The trackpoint and physical buttons have the same problems as the rightmost port on the back and the left port.

What on earth can I do about this?

Thanks!

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Bizarre T430s Mouse Pronlems

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Check Device Manager/your various USB-ports/Properties/Power management tab/UNcheck the box to "switch off to save energy".
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine