I have T460p/Windows 7 x64 with Access Connections 6.26.88 (AC) installed. Laptop is not on domain, all users are part of Administrators group. Administrator account is disabled.
Access Connections worked for some time fine - new networks were detected and location profiles could be created, edited or deleted without any problems.
Buttons for Create/Edit/Delete profile became disabled and I am not able to get this program working normally again.
This happened after fingerprint reader stopped working for some reason.
Fingerprint reader was used to log-in to system (and while logged with fingerprint I've created all the AC location profiles).
While trying to restore fingerprint reader functions I had to unistall sowftware and erase all the fingerprint data and try to log-in with username/password (the same username as the fingerprint reader software autologin was attached to). This is the moment AC makes all the profiles as read-only.
Now to restore Access Connections functions, I've tried several things:
- ticked checkbox for non-admin users to be able to edit location profiles, but this did not help (all the profiles are still disabled, and even the new profiles are disabled from the start).
- uninstalled AC, reboot, installed again (installation was done using admin account)...but no success, everything is the same - I cannot add or edit location profiles even I am operating as admin user,
- tried with previous AC versions (79, 85) and new version (88) - but again no luck.
But since the laptop has WWAN, now I am not able to use it, since I have no possibility to add or configure WWAN network access. Also I am not able to create WLAN hotspot.
I have no idea what to do else (because the same thing happened few months ago), except to reinstall Windows again or System Restore, but the same situation can happen again and again...so that is not actual solution to this problem.
Can anyone propose solution without Windows reinstall or restore, since this problem exists in all Lenovo Access Connections software versions?
- Posts: 18274
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:17 am
- Location: Mt. Cobb, PA USA
But then, I don't use FPR and I don't use AC either (plus I am the only user on these machines).
Could you have a faulty wifi card?
Check out The Boardroom for Parts, Mods and Other Services.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests