Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Battery Problem

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
Post Reply
Message
Author
davidmeyers
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Avilés, ES

Battery Problem

#1 Post by davidmeyers » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Hello guys, first post. Just bought an original Lenovo battery from amazon but it says it is not original when i turn the laptop on. It does not charge and i don't know how to fix this. I only tried to re-sit it and to unplug everything, hold the power button and reset, with no luck. Any ideas?

BillMorrow
*Senior* Admin
*Senior* Admin
Posts: 7255
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:40 pm
Location: San Francisco -> Florida -> Georgia
Contact:

Re: Battery Problem

#2 Post by BillMorrow » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:07 pm

hello and welcome to the forum.. :)

you must be VERY CAREFUL when buying a thinkpad (and maybe any other laptop brand battery) from amazon..
there are many choices and most ALL of them LOOK like the OEM thinkpad battery but they are not..
you need to read the amazon sellers info VERY carefully..

if it is not charging in your thinkpad where, before replacing the original battery IT did, then it seems obvious the replacement battery is not working and should be returned..

what I would do is take a picture or screenshot of the lenovo message saying this is not an OEM battery, write a review including the picture and then return it for credit..

all this presupposes that you thinkpad is in good working condition..
Bill Morrow, kept by parrots :parrot: & cockatoos
Sysop - forum.thinkpads.com

*
She was not what you would call refined,
She was not what you would call unrefined,
She was the type of person who kept a parrot.
~~~Mark Twain~~~

davidmeyers
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Avilés, ES

Re: Battery Problem

#3 Post by davidmeyers » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:15 pm

The thing is, the laptop is working, charging my other battery. The battery is from lenovo, it is being sold by amazon itself, it comes in a lenovo box and says lenovo over the battery, but it still doesn't charge, that is why i am confused...

Thinkpad4by3
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 am
Location: N. Bellmore, ny

Re: Battery Problem

#4 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:23 pm

davidmeyers wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:15 pm
The thing is, the laptop is working, charging my other battery. The battery is from lenovo, it is being sold by amazon itself, it comes in a lenovo box and says lenovo over the battery, but it still doesn't charge, that is why i am confused...
If your machine was made post-2012(i.e **30, 40, or later), it will have a little chip in it that prevents you from putting non-Lenovo batteries in the machine.
"Its not what screen ratio you have, it is what you do with it." -me

Now stop complaining and get back to work with your "wrongly configured" box of pixels.

-Thinkpad4by3, or 3:2, or 16:10, or 16:9, or 21:9.....or whatever.

davidmeyers
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Avilés, ES

Re: Battery Problem

#5 Post by davidmeyers » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:29 pm

The box says it is genuine lenovo and the battery says lenovo too. Is there any way I can check if it is indeed original?

BillMorrow
*Senior* Admin
*Senior* Admin
Posts: 7255
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:40 pm
Location: San Francisco -> Florida -> Georgia
Contact:

Re: Battery Problem

#6 Post by BillMorrow » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:08 pm

hello david..

heh, an interesting issue..
did you say which thinkpad we are talking about..?

and if it IS a lenovo branded battery then it has a lenovo warranty and you should have no problem calling lenovo and initiating some sort of warranty claim..
Bill Morrow, kept by parrots :parrot: & cockatoos
Sysop - forum.thinkpads.com

*
She was not what you would call refined,
She was not what you would call unrefined,
She was the type of person who kept a parrot.
~~~Mark Twain~~~

Thinkpad4by3
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 am
Location: N. Bellmore, ny

Re: Battery Problem

#7 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:15 pm

davidmeyers wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:29 pm
The box says it is genuine lenovo and the battery says lenovo too. Is there any way I can check if it is indeed original?
Pictures please. I can put a sticker on a 300$ dell that has an apple logo sticler and put it in an apple box, but it still is a chinese piece of junk with an apple label.
"Its not what screen ratio you have, it is what you do with it." -me

Now stop complaining and get back to work with your "wrongly configured" box of pixels.

-Thinkpad4by3, or 3:2, or 16:10, or 16:9, or 21:9.....or whatever.

davidmeyers
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Avilés, ES

Re: Battery Problem

#8 Post by davidmeyers » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:53 am

BillMorrow wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:08 pm
hello david..

heh, an interesting issue..
did you say which thinkpad we are talking about..?

and if it IS a lenovo branded battery then it has a lenovo warranty and you should have no problem calling lenovo and initiating some sort of warranty claim..
It is a t440p
How can I contact them? Is there an email?

davidmeyers
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Avilés, ES

Re: Battery Problem

#9 Post by davidmeyers » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:18 am

Thinkpad4by3 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:15 pm
davidmeyers wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:29 pm
The box says it is genuine lenovo and the battery says lenovo too. Is there any way I can check if it is indeed original?
Pictures please. I can put a sticker on a 300$ dell that has an apple logo sticler and put it in an apple box, but it still is a chinese piece of junk with an apple label.
http://imgur.com/a/e61TG

BillMorrow
*Senior* Admin
*Senior* Admin
Posts: 7255
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:40 pm
Location: San Francisco -> Florida -> Georgia
Contact:

Re: Battery Problem

#10 Post by BillMorrow » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:00 am

box and battery all look legit..

is there a toll free lenovo number for spain..?

if amazon sold it, amazon will take it back, i believe..
it also should be under lenovo warranty.. 1 or 3 years.. i think..

for USA:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

just go to lenovo.com and look for a support tab or link on their main website..
Bill Morrow, kept by parrots :parrot: & cockatoos
Sysop - forum.thinkpads.com

*
She was not what you would call refined,
She was not what you would call unrefined,
She was the type of person who kept a parrot.
~~~Mark Twain~~~

davidmeyers
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Avilés, ES

Re: Battery Problem

#11 Post by davidmeyers » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:16 am

Will look around the web page. Thanks for the help.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “ThinkPad T430/T530 and later Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests