Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T430 reseat loose key

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
thinkquan

T430 reseat loose key

#1 Post by thinkquan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:17 pm

The Delete key on my T430 seems to have come loose on one side. It is still registering key presses, but it is no longer flush with the adjacent keys on the left side. It appears this key has a stabilizer bar. How do you safely remove the key without breaking it? It does not snap into place if you simply push down on it. I would like to completely remove it, then try to properly reseat it.

https://imgur.com/a/ALqXV

There are plenty of instructions online on how to install new replacement keys, but I haven't found much on how to remove keys without damaging anything.

Thanks.

Thinkpad4by3
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: T430 reseat loose key

#2 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:22 pm

xx30 keyboard cleaning(including keycap removal) guide: https://www.google.com/amp/s/tpenguinlt ... board/amp/
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

thinkquan

Re: T430 reseat loose key

#3 Post by thinkquan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks Thinkpad4by3! Those instructions helped.

One end of the stabilizer bar was not seated properly in its receptacle and causing the lopsided key. I removed the key, cleaned out the dust, and put back the key. It sits correctly now.