Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Question about adding bluetooth to T430

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
Elmer Fishtwanger

Question about adding bluetooth to T430

#1 Post by Elmer Fishtwanger » Wed May 30, 2018 8:42 pm

My T430 didn't come with a bluetooth card and it would be handy to have. NOS cards are cheap on ebay.

My question is, is the cable for it already in the T430? From pictures it looks like it attaches in the middle of a ribbon cable that might already be in there.

Niknok

Re: Question about adding bluetooth to T430

#2 Post by Niknok » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Yes, probably. I don't know that it holds true for every T430 variation, but when I opened my T430, the bluetooth cable was already there, taped to the lid, and connected to the trackpad. Be aware that the device manager won't recognize the bluetooth card until you install the "Lenovo hotkey features integration" software. The software is necessary to turn on power to the bluetooth card.

twsavant

Re: Question about adding bluetooth to T430

#3 Post by twsavant » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:35 pm

Plug the Bluetooth card into it's slot and screw it down. That's it. Once you restart, Windows should install the s/w, if not, it's easy to find from most vendors. I build a lot of Lenovo laptops for resale so I include Lenovo System Update that makes it easy to find system updates including s/w drivers. UPDATE: My answer could have been more detailed. The Bluetooth daughter card location for a T430 is under the palmrest cover. It uses 1 screw and the ribbon cable should already be there.