Recently (and unfortunately), I damaged the display or its associated display cable in my Thinkpad T460p, on top of a built-in microphone which arrived non-operational from the factory. Below are the specs:
- T460p, Model Number: 20FWCTO1WW (which doesn't seem to show up on PSREF anymore)
- Purchased in March 2017
- i5-6440HQ clocked @ 2.6GHz (4 cores, 4 threads), vPro
- 8GB DDR4-2133 RAM
- NVIDIA Geforce 940MX (2GB) + Intel HD 530
- 500GB HDD (7200RPM)
- 6-cell (72Wh) battery w/ 135W AC Adapter
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- Backlit chiclet keyboard
- WWAN upgradable, fingerprint reader, smart card reader
- I'll throw in a bag of 8 "super low profile" trackpoint nubs I bought from Lenovo
Now, about the display:
The thinkpad came with a WQHD (2560x1440) matte, non-touch display that looked fantastic. So much screen real estate. After a bike ride in which the thinkpad was in the laptop pocket, the screen is blank except for a perfect white bar at the right side of the screen, about 2-3 inches (5-7.6cm) wide. Luckily, the backlight is still fully operational.
As such, I'm gauging the interest here to see if I can sell the T460p and use the resulting funds to purchase a T430s (with the ultrabay battery and old keyboard, of course).
As such, how much would you be willing to buy the T460p for in its current condition, or at least what sounds like a good price? It was purchased for ~ $1100 in March 2017, but I would of course be willing to sell it at a substantially lower price accounting for age and defects. EDIT: Would $620 including shipping be a reasonable price?
Here: https://download.lenovo.com/parts/Think ... 160119.pdf is the list of FRUs for the t460p. If one were to replace both the display and cable with a FHD panel and its associated cable, online prices seem to hover around $70-80.
- FHD Display Cable: 01AV916
- WQHD Display Cable: 01AV915
- WQHD Diplay Panels: 00HN877 OR 00HN878
- FHD Displays Panels: 00PA889 OR 00PA890 OR 01AV853