Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T460s - Computrace Activated - help needed

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
Thunkpadded

T460s - Computrace Activated - help needed

#1 Post by Thunkpadded » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:04 am

Hi,

I purchased a T460s from a legitimate eBay seller a few months ago for my dad. All seemed ok with the latop but in the last day he is reporting that there is a message on the screen relating to computrace, this has led me to this forum.

I have checked and it is activated. I have contacted ebay and the seller to inform them and open a case but I would like to know if there is any way to remove this activation (I will call Absolute Software after the Holidays).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thinkpad4by3
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: T460s - Computrace Activated - help needed

#2 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:49 am

You can call up Absolute Software and they can deactivate it. They ask you a few things to make sure it wasn't stolen and youll be all set(AFAIK, Im going off others experience)
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

eut3n

Re: T460s - Computrace Activated - help needed

#3 Post by eut3n » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:01 am

Agree! There's no better way than make a phone call to make it disappear more info here: forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=114641