Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Any T570 repair guys or gals out there?

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
markjitsu

Any T570 repair guys or gals out there?

#1 Post by markjitsu » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Can anyone recommend someone on these forums that is capable and reliable? I'm looking to have someone repair the backlight fuse on my T570. I'm not good at it. I tried it. I'm horrible. Located in the states is a must but only from a cost perspective. If it's cheaper to buy a new mobo, I'm probably going to just do that. However, a 6 dollar fuse and like 75 in labor would be super cool.

TheForgottenKing

Re: Any T570 repair guys or gals out there?

#2 Post by TheForgottenKing » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:10 pm

markjitsu wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:28 pm
Can anyone recommend someone on these forums that is capable and reliable? I'm looking to have someone repair the backlight fuse on my T570. I'm not good at it. I tried it. I'm horrible. Located in the states is a must but only from a cost perspective. If it's cheaper to buy a new mobo, I'm probably going to just do that. However, a 6 dollar fuse and like 75 in labor would be super cool.
If you know what fuse it is, I might be able to do it. I'm no professional but I can solder decently (nitrocaster fhd mod level)

markjitsu

#3 Post by markjitsu » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:14 pm

I know this is three months late. I've seen you around the TP discord, would you mind if I hit you up there to chat about it more and talk about what you'd charge?

TheForgottenKing

#4 Post by TheForgottenKing » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:37 am

markjitsu wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:14 pm
I know this is three months late. I've seen you around the TP discord, would you mind if I hit you up there to chat about it more and talk about what you'd charge?
I'd have to take a look at the situation. I'm not a professional by any means but I'm decent.