Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T450s touchpad issue T470s upgrade?

T430-T490, T530-T590 Series
setspeed

T450s touchpad issue T470s upgrade?

#1 Post by setspeed » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:03 pm

I currently use a T450s which is fine, aside from one issue that has plagued me ever since I bought it (used). The touchpad is overly sensitive.
I've tried all sorts of different adjustments in the Synaptics settings, and generally I have to choose between very frequent accidental/unintended 'taps' resulting in links opening as i scroll over them, or a touchpad that requires a very hard & uncomfortable 'tap' in order to select anything.
I've lived with this for a good 3yrs now, but now I have an issue with my screen, and I'm thinking now might be the right time to upgrade to a slightly more recent model.
What I'd like to know is whether the touchpad hardware has changed/got better in more recent iterations of T4**s series? For instance, is the T470 touchpad any good (I could buy one of these, used, for a reasonable price), or is this touchpad issue common to Thinkpads? I can't really try one out before buying it, unfortunately.