Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

cpu change t430

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
krissyneillie1

cpu change t430

#1 Post by krissyneillie1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:22 pm

hello, i just bought an another t430 which i planned to pass on to a relative but i dont think they will want it, oh well, to my surprise it actually has a uk keyboard which i was looking for and a slightly better cpu, mines has a 3210m and the second t430 has a 3320m, i know in reality the differences will be minimum but if i eventually sell it back on i would rather i kept the slightly better cpu for myself, one question i have is are both motherboards the same for the 3rd gen i5?, is it just a case of plug and play after the swap?, i also updated the bios on my own t430 to the latest version via "lenovo system update" app, would that cause any issue?

Many Thanks

Screamer

Re: cpu change t430

#2 Post by Screamer » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:48 am

Yes, it is just a case of plug and play.

Regarding the BIOS update, no, as far as I know. Using Lenovo's system update application to update the BIOS is very much similar to updating the BIOS in DOS, so I don't see a problem in that.

krissyneillie1

Re: cpu change t430

#3 Post by krissyneillie1 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:04 pm

Screamer wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:48 am
Yes, it is just a case of plug and play.

Regarding the BIOS update, no, as far as I know. Using Lenovo's system update application to update the BIOS is very much similar to updating the BIOS in DOS, so I don't see a problem in that.
thank you