Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

i have hit jackpot with a second t430

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
krissyneillie1

i have hit jackpot with a second t430

#1 Post by krissyneillie1 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:13 pm

hello guys, a few weeks ago i bought myself my first t430, i done the usual ram and ssd upgrade and love it but the screen was my only niggle, fast forward a few weeks and i decided to buy another one on ebay with very little description other than a screenshot of what processor and ram it was running.

my intentions were to pass it on to a family member as a present to replace their horrendous toshiba laptop but they do not want it so i figured i would take the slightly better cpu and swap them over, along with the UK keyboard.

So today i picked it up and went about cleaning the laptop from dust etc then powered it on to find it already has a 1600x900 HD+ screen, this wasnt specified in the ebay auction so im over the moon, i have been contacting seller after seller about sourcing one of these screens, i can only assume it was the optional HD+ screen at the time these thinkpads were in production, the difference between the two screens is night and day, its also very apparent how awful a HDD is running the operating system, i think i will keep this as a spare, i like the idea of having another handy

krissyneillie1

Re: i have hit jackpot with a second t430

#2 Post by krissyneillie1 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 pm

ohh and it also has a very good condition battery that lasts a good while before needing charged

olddog
Freshman Member

#3 Post by olddog » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:27 am

Well done.

It's odd how Ebay advertisers seldom mention screen resolution, even when it would pay them handsomely to do so. I paid good money on Amazon for a refurbed T430 in excellent condition, and was delighted when an almost new machine arrived with a 1600x900 as an unexpected bonus.

A 14" T430 with the good screen and an SSD is a very good machine, and probably better value than any alternative.
krissyneillie1 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 pm
ohh and it also has a very good condition battery that lasts a good while before needing charged

Erbsenzähler

#4 Post by Erbsenzähler » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:58 am

I picked a T430 up on ebay for $37 that had nvidia dGPU and the seller didn't realize it. It didn't come with a keyboard so I was able to see the extra branch on the heatsink in the photo. All they said was "boots to bios, no further testing done"