Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T470s touchscreen with housing into T460s?

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
warrior86

T470s touchscreen with housing into T460s?

#1 Post by warrior86 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:31 pm

Hey Everyone,

I currently have an x220 and was thinking about upgrading a little bit. I love my x220 but I am finding some really good deals on the T series but I am the type of person that likes to piece things together and get the best deal possible. I have lots of experience in that field so it isn't scary and I'm sure almost all of us on here do that kind of thing based on the forum posts I've been reading.

So my question is actually about transplanting a T470s touchscreen (original cables and all)with the back cover housing.. so basically the entire top half of the laptop into the bottom cover of a T460s. Would it physicially fit? I've read about others doing this with non touch screens and working but I've read Touch vs nontouch, the physical body panels if ONLY replacing the screens (not entire housing) might be an issue. But again, this is the whole housing. Would it be plug and play into the T460s bottom panel and should I not have a problem connecting the video cables into a T460s motherboard, no matter what flavor I get?

Thanks! I look forward to any input!

-David