Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T450s Boot Black Screen

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
MarkKane

T450s Boot Black Screen

#1 Post by MarkKane » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:29 am

Hi all

I'm having trouble with the screen on my T450s. On boot, the screen will remain off until I close and re-open the lid. Then the screen will display either the Lenovo splash screen or an illuminated black screen. The laptop will boot normally if the splash screen is displayed, otherwise I need to force shutdown the system and try again.

Similarly, when I attempt to wake the laptop from sleep, the screen will remain off until I open and close the lid. And, only sometimes will the operating system resume. The rest of the time, the screen will be illuminated black and I'll have to shut the lid to reinitiate sleep and try to wake the laptop again.

The laptop is fine when plugged into an external display, but the main screen does not work. I have a hunch that this is a hardware problem but it seems odd that the system is able to detect the laptop screen after shutting and re-openning the lid. Would appreciate any help!

Thanks!