Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T440p Intel Intel AC 7260 constantly drops

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
mixz1
Sophomore Member

T440p Intel Intel AC 7260 constantly drops

#1 Post by mixz1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:24 pm

T440p, 8 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro, Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 keeps dropping off the Internet. All other wireless devices don't drop, so I'm guessing it's not the router. When it drops sometimes Windows Network Diagnosis can get it back online by "re-enabling" the adapter. Other times I have to delete the device and drivers in Device Manager and then let Windows find it and re-install it again. Curiously, the device passes the Lenovo Solution Center short test even when it's offline and can't connect to the Internet. Also a system re-start will restore the connection. I've done all the Google searches and tried all the fixes, including the most common, which is to settle on wireless G as the preferred connection, reserve the IP address in the router and use this as the fixed IP of the computer along with the gateway. And lastly, when the connection drops Chrome will issue a DHCP error, "Cannot Find Gateway", which is to be expected and is of little value in discovering what's wrong. Any ideas and/or help would be greatly appreciated.
T440p Win 10 Pro 8 gig memory 500 GB ssd
T520 W7 Pro 8 GB memory
A31/p XP Pro 1 GB memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 GB memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask