Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T530 F3 fuse

T430-T490, T530-T590 Series
Zandorv

T530 F3 fuse

#1 Post by Zandorv » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:42 pm

Hi, everybody, so I've been having some screen issues, and, well, I committed a cardinal sin. While I was identifying and fixing the problem, I took the laptop apart and put it back together several times, and, well... One of the times I didn't unplug it or take the battery out. Now, to my immense frustration, my (brand new) screen works but my backlight does not. I think I probably blew the backlight fuse. From other threads I've surmised that the right fuse is the F3 fuse, but I cannot for the life of me find it. So I've got two questions for anyone who can help me out.

1) Is the F3 fuse really the right one?
2) Can anybody show me where it is (preferably in a picture but I'll take anything I can get)?

As a bonus question, is there any other component I might want to look at that's causing the LCD backlight on a brand new screen to not work? I'm pretty certain the issue is on the motherboard since I connected the old screen as well and its backlight is also not working (even though it was before).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JPOESQ
**SENIOR** Member
**SENIOR** Member

Re: T530 F3 fuse

#2 Post by JPOESQ » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Discussed here if it helps:

viewtopic.php?t=129411
John P. O'Banion, JD, PE, BSEE
Registered Patent Attorney
http://www.intellectual.com

X220 (McDonnell bios), X230 (1vyrain bios), T530 (1vyrain bios), X1 Carbon 5th Signature Edition