Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T440s touchpad swap problems

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
radiozombie

T440s touchpad swap problems

#1 Post by radiozombie » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:11 am

hi all guys, this is marco near Roma, Italy, the etruscan coast, hoping you're fine in this virus emergency.

anyway, i swapped the (horrible imho) clickpad with a brand new synaptic one from t450 series, and everything worked flawlessly out of the box under ubuntu, the buttons, scrolling features, everything ok.
but i need win10 too for just a couple of things, and i can't figure out how to proceed. i mean, win10 installed the approriate driver, and everything was fine until the reboot, as i can't click on the buttons anymore, they don't work.
tap to click is ok, but the three physical buttons are dead.

so i removed trackpad on the device manager, rebooted, installed the t450 synaptic driver, but the install ended with a message error. i googled how to change the T450 id trackpad on the driver, but i got the same unsuccessful install.
i tried even the T440 series driver with no luck, because win10 himself stated that he already has the best driver for that touchpad. the only problem is that it only works fine once on the very first reboot, then something happens.

what i'm doing wrong? any suggestion welcome,thanks
marco

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: T440s touchpad swap problems

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:24 am

You posted in the wrong forum (T400-T420), I moved it to the correct forum (T430-T490).
In there you will find how to install the new (clunkpad replacement) driver correctly: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=126860
Lovely day for a Guinness! (the Real Black Stuff). And pigs CAN fly!
Check out The Boardroom for Parts, Mods and Other Services.
Covid-19: Mask it or casket.

radiozombie

Re: T440s touchpad swap problems

#3 Post by radiozombie » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:26 am

sorry, my fault.
and my fault goes on, as i can't succed installing that driver, even following the instructions: installation ends with a red cross, but i can find the lenovo touchpad flag in the options. and simply doesn't work :roll: