Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T430S Very long to wake up

T430-T490, T530-T590 Series
Jolon

T430S Very long to wake up

#1 Post by Jolon » Wed May 20, 2020 8:51 am

Hello guys !

I'm writing you about my T430s, second hand and very good working except my current problem.

I tried many things and looked for previous answers, but I didn't find anything yet related to my issue.

Here's the pb : when I use the power button to make my laptop sleep, it wakes up very fast when I press the button again. But if I close the lid to make it sleep (everything has been parametered correctly), it surely sleeps, though... when I open the lid again, it randomly wakes up normally.
Let me explain it a bit more : sometimes everything goes on right and it wakes up in 1 or 2 seconds (as efficiently as if I use the button), but sometimes, without any special reason, it will take 1, 2, up to 3 full minutes with dark screen but green button before it comes back to life.

I restored default windows parameters for all power & display settings.
These settings look normal, the lid is parametered in order to make the computer sleep when closed, and to wake it up when open. Minimum CPU is 5%, maximum 100. Hard disk shut off after 20 minutes (I have SSD). Hybrid sleep disabled.

I don't think the problem can come from hinges or screen-to-body mecanisms, everything seems fine. It's clear in my opinion that it's, somehow, related to the lid-closing issue. Sleeping mode itself works (no problem as long as i don't close the lid).

Has anybody have an idea ?

Thanks in advance, and best regards !

TPFanatic
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: T430S Very long to wake up

#2 Post by TPFanatic » Wed May 20, 2020 10:31 am

Just curious, when it is in its delayed wake up process from opening the lid, does physically quickly closing and opening the lid do anything to the screen?

On my machine I don't use the lid close to sleep function, but sometimes the LCD will stay black on resume and closing and opening the lid will bring it back.

Jolon

Re: T430S Very long to wake up

#3 Post by Jolon » Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 am

Hello !

Nope, doesn't change anything. Though, what I noticed is that, if I press the sleep button to make it sleep and then close the lid, the problem can (not always) appear again.