Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T440p cheap replacement palm rest/KB bezel

T430 and later, plus T530 and later series specific matters only
RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

T440p cheap replacement palm rest/KB bezel

#1 Post by RealBlackStuff » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:05 am

My daily workhorse T440p has managed to develop a 1/3" crack in the palm rest, at the front, just left of the touchpad.
I've always been very careful with my machines and AFAIK this T440p was never dropped or bumped into something, so don't know what caused it.
The previous owner also left several markings from the lid's rubber stoppers and the lid-edge hitting the palm rest, before I added thicker bumpers to prevent the touchpad+buttons (clunkpad-replacement) damaging the LCD.
Hunting around for a new palm rest, I was pleasantly surprised to find this brand new genuine 04X5395 for only $20.- (free shipping in USA).
It even has the clunkpad on it (if you are so inclined), but no fingerprint reader.
But since I never use an FPR anyway, I couldn't care less.
My daughter, who still lives in USA, bought it for me and will bring it over when she comes home for Xmas.
I'm not related to this eBayer or anything, just thought mentioning it might come in handy for others and I got nothing better to do at the moment.
NOT a great day for a Guinness! (the Real Black Stuff).
Ireland is on FULL lockdown till December 2020!
Covid-19: Mask it or Casket!
Check out The Boardroom for Mods and Other Services.

Vopu
Freshman Member

Re: T440p cheap replacement palm rest/KB bezel

#2 Post by Vopu » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:54 am

Hi , When i bought my T440P i have searched for parts on a just in case basis, and surprised to see the prices and availibility. Although i think these are not OEM parts as you referenced,(listed as original) (brand new) most parts needed for a replacement are available at reasonable prices here from aliexpress.
(T440P LCD Rear/LCD Bezel/Palmrest/Base Bottom Cover/memory cover/Bracket Support)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3287148 ... web201603_
Vopu