I observed that when the the T440 is off, and AC connected, the power light keeps blinking green 3 times, pauses, and blinks 3 again, continuously. I have tried all the methods suggested in the Web like remove cmos battery, reset thru pin hole, press power button 30 seconds...etc. All did not fixed the problem.
1. When both the internal and external batteries of T440 are removed, yes it has two batteries, the machine WILL RUN PERFECTLY fine under AC power only.
2. If after 1 above, I plug the external battery in, the windows battery indicator will shows charging battery for 1 second and the machine then auto power down. Just like as if plugging in the battery will "drag" the system down to shut off.
I have tried changed to a more powerful 90W charger (all Lenovo made), but same.
Simply speaking, it runs well under AC only. But with AC + battery attached, it did powers on and boot, but auto shuts down within a few seconds.
The charging port on the machine (not the battery) the middle 3 pins also each gives out 3.4-3.6 volts for charging the battery if measured by a meter. Do it means the charging circuit/port is okay?
Anyone has suggestion why, and how to fix? Thanks.
- Senior ThinkPadder
- Posts: 2824
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am
- Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Backup: X601 Core 2 Duo T8100
Toy: X60F Core Solo U1300
On loan: X220 4291-P79 i5-2520M
In pieces: two retired but working X61Ts
RIP: 760XD 9546-U9E; X61 7676-A24; and a BOE-Hydis HV121P01-100 in failed SXGA+ mod
I have tried removed the internal battery already. See my point 1. in above, towards the middle of the paragraphs. The T440 only works under AC with BOTH internal and external batteries removed. If either one or both batteries are connected (with AC power of course) it will power on and boot for about 5 seconds and auto power-off.
- Admin Emeritus
- Posts: 21841
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:17 am
- Location: Wexford, Éire
Or try your batteries in another T440.
Ireland is on FULL lockdown until Easter 2021!
Covid-19: Stay safe, so Mask it or Casket!
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests