Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Chrome lag after screen turns on T430s

T430-T490, T530-T590 Series
ibrazhko
Freshman Member

Chrome lag after screen turns on T430s

#1 Post by ibrazhko » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:59 am

I have started experiencing a weird problem on my T430s (Windows 10). When I am using Chrome and leave the computer idle for some time, the laptop's screen turns off, just as it should. Then, after I do something that turns on the display (e.g. touch the mouse), the display turns back on, but Chrome becomes unresponsive. For example, the mouse scroll doesn't work - it feels like the Chrome window just becomes inactive. It goes back to normal only after I explicitly click somewhere on the screen.

This is a weird and kind of annoying bug, which I never experienced before. It's been only around for about 3 weeks, perhaps after some Windows update (?).

Has anyone experienced this and know how to solve this? Thanks in advance!

davidgurvich
Freshman Member

Re: Chrome lag after screen turns on T430s

#2 Post by davidgurvich » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:14 pm

Could be networking issue. Do other browsers exhibit the same behavior? Quick check might be to disable wireless before sleep and see if chrome still freezes when computer wakes up. Does this computer have an SSD or HDD? It's possible chrome is being saved to swap on HDD.
Egregious overbidder