Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T430 (no 's') FHD Kit recommendation

T430-T490, T530-T590 Series
TrackpointManiac

T430 (no 's') FHD Kit recommendation

#1 Post by TrackpointManiac » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:01 pm

Good evening Thinkpad fanatics :)

I've been repairing notebooks for many years now, and I've always loved working on the T series. I have always used them as my private laptops, and I think from T60 til T590 i've had them all except the 520.

My daily driver is a modded T430 with the 3840qm, 16gb and some bios tweaks. The only thing I would really like to do on this beauty is upgrading the screen. it's such a powerful and high quality laptop my eyes can't bear the terrible stock tn panel no more.

Of course I did a lot of research, but it seems like there are quite a few people having issues like a flickering screen after upgrading to a fhd panel. So I thought, this would be the perfect place for these kinda questions. If someone could recommend me a panel that's working well without any issues, I would really appreciate that. Also I found many offers for the fhd adapter for the T430s but slim to none for the T430. Did I miss something? Is the T430 ready for this mod at all?

And there's another question I would like to ask you that I just can't get out of my mind.. I've had this issue on many many different models, and idk if it's a Thinkpad bios bug or what's behind it. If you wanna change the boot priority order in bios settings, it tells you, you can move the entries up and down using the "+" and "-" keys. But I think this has never worked for me at all, I found out that it works with F5 and F6 instead, but still I couldn't figure out, why is that?

I apologize for my bad english.

kind regards,

Julez ✌🏽