Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Touchpad cursor seizes after click (X230)

X230-X280, X390 Series
aggelosv

Touchpad cursor seizes after click (X230)

#1 Post by aggelosv » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 am

Hello all,

Just got an x230 to try and am really pleased by the experience. Even the dreaded touchpad is kind of acceptable.

There is one thing that is driving me crazy though:
When I click using the touchpad bottom buttons (right or left, doesn't matter) the cursor seizes for approximately half a second and will not unlock unless I take my finger off the touchpad. For example if I right click somewher to get a context menu, and immediately try to move the cursor to select an option, the cursor is stuck and will not move unless I take my finger off. Waiting for > 0.5 seconds between clicking and placing my finger on the touchpad again or using the physical buttons above the touchpad will allow me to use the cursor normally but both of these options are quite annoying.

This is a definitely a software issue since by uninstalling the Snaptics touchpad drivers and using the ones that Windows 10 autmatically finds this problem dissapears (touchpad becomes very awful otherwise though).

I have tried going through the Lenovo Vantage software and changing all the touchpad settings but to no avail. Is there a way to defeat this software delay (even a registry edit will do)?

Thanks!

TPFanatic
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: Touchpad cursor seizes after click (X230)

#2 Post by TPFanatic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Ok

You have to go the Windows Settings App, Devices, Touchpad, and set the Touchpad Sensitivity to Lightest. https://www.digitalcitizen.life/sites/d ... hpad_3.png

aggelosv

Re: Touchpad cursor seizes after click (X230)

#3 Post by aggelosv » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:51 am

Thanks. Unfortunately this has no effect on the cursor seizing for a bit.
Interestingly, my touchpad settings screen looks much more spartan than yours:

https://image.ibb.co/bY9OPd/Windows_Tou ... ttings.jpg

Admin warning:
picture WAY too big, tags removed. Please read the Forum Rules, especially Section 5: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14339