- Senior ThinkPadder
- Posts: 2655
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am
- Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
That said, there are some minor things to look out for:
* X230 has a MiniDP port, while the X220 has regular DP, so there will be a hole around the MiniDP port.
* The USB 3.0 port under the Expresscard slot is slightly deeper than the corresponding USB 2.0 port on the X220. The extra depth makes the USB 3.0 port hit a small ridge on the chassis (which is designed to support the USB 2.0 port); that ridge must be filed/sanded down so the system board lays flat.
* the threaded nuts on the VGA port
These are the ones I know (did some research as I have an X220 and considering an X230 board upgrade/replacement if needed).
Backup: X601 Core 2 Duo T8100
Toy: X60F Core Solo U1300
On loan: X220 4291-P79 i5-2520M
In pieces: two retired but working X61Ts
RIP: 760XD 9546-U9E; X61 7676-A24; and a BOE-Hydis HV121P01-100 in failed SXGA+ mod
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests