Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Thinkpad w530 Keyboard at war with ARDUINO IDE

W530/W540/W541/W550 Series
Nasca64

Thinkpad w530 Keyboard at war with ARDUINO IDE

#1 Post by Nasca64 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:11 am

Guys, good afternoon to all. I have been using on and off Thinkads for twenty years, not for professional use but i have fun with Autodesk Autocad and inventor beside some Photo handling with various software. Never had a problem. Still using a X60s after 13 years for OBD troubleshooting. Now,.....now.
I have decided in my old age to get acquainted with the Arduino project, it seems a lots of fun. Running some sketches on my PC, my X60s and everything goes fine.
Till i decided to install the Arduino IDE on my W530.....Jesus guys. The IDE opens , it upload and runs some pre written sketches, but....i'm unable to access the screen for some reason.
i EXPLAIN . I can move the mouse over the open window, i can highlight parts of a written line of code, but i cannot erase write or modify anything.
Even in a new sketch, not a single letter. Everywhere else works fine, but in the Arduino IDE window for some reason dies. I have update Windows 10, i regularly keep my W530 update thru Lenovo vantage, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the keyboard, nothing, Tried different version of the IDE even old ones.......dead as a f....k.
Any suggestions?
Thanks Franco

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Thinkpad w530 Keyboard at war with ARDUINO IDE

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:36 am

And what is this Arduino IDE supposed to do?
What are those sketches, are they hand drawings?
To be honest, I have no idea what you are talking about or want to achieve...
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine

Nasca64

Re: Thinkpad w530 Keyboard at war with ARDUINO IDE

#3 Post by Nasca64 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:16 pm

hi. Thanks for replying. Arduino IDE is just a software for programming small circuit. Sketches are the program that you compile'. Simple. if you want to try go to arduino.cc you'll see there's a 15 year old project that has become a worldwide phenomenon. so the problem is this, I open the Arduino IDE( window) and whereas in 2 different PC I can write, edit software line in my w530 I can hoover, highlight but cannot edit or write. Clicking will do nothing and if I insist I will get the window "piling" sound as if .....I'm doing some wrong. Wish could send you a video. But anyway, a working USB keyboard from my PC , USB'd to the laptop does the same....I can use it in any program fine, the moment I access the window of Arduino IDE .....dies. Is evident that 'some isn't right with the 530, seen that I do not have this problem anywherelse. Just a thought.....just curious why is happening , isn't the end of the world.