Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

L15 HDD password problem

L430/L530 and later Series
jblazkow

L15 HDD password problem

#1 Post by jblazkow » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:50 pm

Hi, today I experienced weird problem with hdd password.
I left computer open for a while and when I returned I saw the screen with password prompt for HDD unlock.
But... my password didn't work. I'm 100% sure what password should be correct - I've saved it in another place and tried many times to enter. (and nobody could change it)
I've got also BIOS password, but unfortunately HDD encryption blocks also BIOS entry. So I'm stucked with this problem. I saw in manual, that there could be a master HDD password, and input for this password could be switched by pressing 'F1'. I've pressed F1, but nothing changed and my password is still invalid.
Do u have some ideas, guys? Now after starting my computer - there's screen with HDD name in a title and input for password - without possibility to change keyboard language or to show password, after entering 3 times wrong one - I'm redirected to the standard screen for entering password - very similiar, but with possibility to show password or language. And after 3 times wrong here - the computer is shutting down.