Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Restore Recovery Partition?

Discuss the ThinkPad-branded Yoga
mbressman

Restore Recovery Partition?

#1 Post by mbressman » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Have a 1st Gen ThinkPad X1 Yoga.  The hard drive was wiped (incl. recovery partition), but I'd like to see if there is some way to restore the recovery partition on the unit.  Called Lenovo tech support and they said "no", but the person I spoke with didn't even seem to understand what I was asking at first, so I'm not 100% certain they knew what they were talking about.  Figured I'd try posting on here.  Any thoughts/suggestions?  Thanks!

kacperas

Re: Restore Recovery Partition?

#2 Post by kacperas » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Go to LenovoRecovery website and provide your device's Serial Number. You should be able to download a single copy of recovery for free. Please make sure to not delete these files, as Lenovo's allows only single download per Serial Number.

BTW. With Windows 10, there's no longer a recovery partition, as Windows have a build-in recovery. After deploying OS from Lenovo's recovery, a customization package is created (C:\Recovery\Customizations\USMT.PPKG and some additional files in C:\Recovery), which is applied during Windows build-in recovery process.
IBM 390X(W95/W98SE) | T23(W2K/XP) | R51(WXP)
Lenovo R61(WXP/Vista) | T540p(W7/W8.1/W10)