Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ThinkPad Yoga 11e HDMI 1.4 and Miracast?

Discuss the ThinkPad-branded Yoga
abbiecd

ThinkPad Yoga 11e HDMI 1.4 and Miracast?

#1 Post by abbiecd » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:59 am

First, I apologize for cross-posting in to the wrong section. I tried to delete the posting, but it faulted with a php post error.

I snagged a Thinkpad Yoga 11e (Celeron N2940) and the specifications indicate it has HDMI 1.4 support, but neither Ubuntu 14.04 nor Windows 10 (pre-installed) recognize 4K as a detected, supported resolution. I noticed that an ASUS X553MA sporting the same processor and HDMI 1.4 indicates support for 2160p.

I also haven't been able to detect any of my Microsoft (Miracast) Wireless display adapters even though ark.intel suggests the processor should and the wireless adapter is a 2x2 Intel.

Admittedly, I haven't tried any driver updates for Windows 10 for display or wireless. I also haven't been able to boot Fedora 22 since the kernel locks up shortly after boot. On my work issued Thinkpad X230t which does not allege 4K support, Fedora 22 successfully drives a (Monoprice) DisplayPort to HDMI adapter at 4K @ 30Hz (max supported on my SEIKI 39"). Windows won't detect 4K on the Thinkpad X230t.