Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ThinkPad X1 Yoga

Discuss the ThinkPad-branded Yoga
phillyd2
Freshman Member

ThinkPad X1 Yoga

#1 Post by phillyd2 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:39 am

Looking to replace my X201 and like the looks of the ThinkPad X1 Yoga but don't see much talk about it here. Anybody have one? Impressions?

Puppy
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga

#2 Post by Puppy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:57 am

X1 Yoga Touch Screen No Longer Working https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X ... -p/2269132

My X1 Yoga's touch screen intermittently stops working, I have not noticed any particular cause.

The touchscreen can be made usable again by using the firmware update tool, but still occasionally fails again requiring the touchscreen firmware to be reinstalled again with the update tool.

The update tool is not a permanent solution.

Just another Lenovo beta product tested by customers :(
ThinkPad (1992 - 2012): R51, X31, X220
Huawei MateBook 13

ptantra
Freshman Member

Re: ThinkPad X1 Yoga

#3 Post by ptantra » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:05 am

At the risk of resurrecting a zombie thread, I just got the X1 Yoga. Nice, light, and I'm surprised I don't have a problem reading the WQHD screen at 100% scaling. Text is tiny, but I can still read things and use the mouse without problems. Trackpoint works better on the X1 Yoga than my X61T. On my X61T I used to get post movement drift all the time. On the X1 Yoga, no such drift after I release the trackpoint so I'm happy.

Machine came with Windows 10, but I loaded a current version of Linux and everything seems to be working fine. I'm a newbie to Linux and I'm grateful that I didn't have to troubleshoot Linux at all. Touchscreen works, pen works, and laptop resumes after falling asleep properly, so no complaints so far. The pen seems to work better in Linux than it did under Windows 10. Ink lines under Windows 10 (WriteIt and MS Paint) were pretty choppy. Ink lines under Linux (Gimp) looked really nice. I get that gimp, WriteIt and MS Paint are all different classes of software, but I've only had a chance to test software that came with each OS.