Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Yoga 12 with Windows 10: No screen rotation in tablet mode

Discuss the ThinkPad-branded Yoga
Roland
**SENIOR** Member
**SENIOR** Member

Yoga 12 with Windows 10: No screen rotation in tablet mode

#1 Post by Roland » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:13 am

Hello ThinkPadders,

I bought a Yoga 12 (2nd generation with 5th generation i5-5300U processor) and Windows 10pro and am mostly happy with it. However there is one function I cannot get to work at all and that is the automatic screen rotation.

Pushing the hardware bottom at the right side (next to the loudspeaker bottoms) does not activate the screen rotation. In the display settings (of Windows 10) is no option to activate something like this, even when I work in tablet mode. So Windows recognize when the display is completely turned around in tablet mode but the screen does not rotate in any direction. In the device manager of Windows 10 all devices are recognized and properly assigned to a driver. As sensor driver I find the "HID Sensor Collection V2" as the only driver set as a registered sensor device driver.

My question is now:
- is a sensor of my machine broken or not recognized?
- does my machine need additional sensor driver to work properly?
- if yes where can I get it (haven't seen something likre this on Lenovos support page)?
- what sensors should my machine have in general?

By searching the net I found many users have trouble with this feature of the ThinkPad Yoga under Windows 10 but not under Windows 8.1. So maybe Windows 10 is the reason for the trouble but maybe there is a work around or simply a better set of driver for this feature...

Please tell me what to do,
thanks for all suggestions...
Roland in Berlin
750c, 760c, 600e, 770e A21p & A31p