Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Thinkpad X1 Yoga - Pen and Multi-Touch Interaction?

Discuss the ThinkPad-branded Yoga
mgfx

Thinkpad X1 Yoga - Pen and Multi-Touch Interaction?

#1 Post by mgfx » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:46 am

Since there is no way to see the X1 Yoga in person and try it out before buying I'm a bit concerned about how it handles the usage of active pen in combination with touchscreen functions. Does it block out any touch input while the stylus in near the display surface? This would be less than desirable since a lot of graphics software and on-screen keyboard shortcut apps require simultaneous use of both.

i2000s
Freshman Member

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga - Pen and Multi-Touch Interaction?

#2 Post by i2000s » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:08 pm

mgfx wrote:Since there is no way to see the X1 Yoga in person and try it out before buying I'm a bit concerned about how it handles the usage of active pen in combination with touchscreen functions. Does it block out any touch input while the stylus in near the display surface? This would be less than desirable since a lot of graphics software and on-screen keyboard shortcut apps require simultaneous use of both.
It's well controlled by the palm rejection technique so that when you put your pen close to the screen in some small distance, the screen won't respond to your touch anymore. Don't worry about it. But maybe you can find ways to enable both inputs simultaneously (not sure how).
X31 (since 2003), X61T (2007), X200T (2009), ThinkPad Tablet 2 (2013), P50 (2016).
Considering more Thinkpads. Retiring my X200T. PM me if anyone wants to home it.