Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Thinkpad Yoga X1 2nd edition trackpoint buttons

Discuss the ThinkPad-branded Yoga
niklasserning

Thinkpad Yoga X1 2nd edition trackpoint buttons

#1 Post by niklasserning » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:57 am

My 2017 X1 Yoga' trackpoint buttons are much less sensitive than any other Thinkpad I've had - I've been a Thinkpad devotee since my T21 back in 2002, going through X220, X230, X250, T420 and others and never had this issue. Lenovo kindly replaced the keyboard/trackpoint/trackpoint buttons unit, and the new buttons are more sensitive but still not close to previous ones. It is most noticeable with unregistered left clicks, but also when holding down the middle button and scrolling with the trackpoint (when the middle button fails to register the cursor of course goes to the bottom of the screen). My keyboard is Swedish, if this matters. Has anyone else noticed this? Has Lenovo changed supplier of trackpoint button sensors? The old sensors (under the buttons) were rubber like buttons, now there is a white spiral paper looking sensor underneath.

meeotch
Freshman Member

Re: Thinkpad Yoga X1 2nd edition trackpoint buttons

#2 Post by meeotch » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:28 pm

I've had missed left-clicks with my X1 Carbon 5th Gen, but my X1 Yoga 2nd Gen seems to be pretty solid from that perspective.

I have found that the keyboard is "mushy", though. And the trackpoint buttons, when pressed anywhere except in the middle, are loud as hell. Sounds like an old membrane keyboard. Have you noticed this with your machine?

Threads about both issues here:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=125277
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=125282