Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Yoga 700-11isk Windows 10 update - no more sound

Discuss the ThinkPad-branded Yoga
friedrich-eugen
thinkpads.com customer
thinkpads.com customer

Yoga 700-11isk Windows 10 update - no more sound

#1 Post by friedrich-eugen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:40 am

Hello,

it is a little bit annoying...
... My daughter has gone to Sydney, to have a terme there during her master-studies... and she took our travel-NB along, a Yoga 700-11isk (Core M i7, 8GBmemory, 1TB SSD, Windows 10 1903pro. Office etc etc...) She is going to have video-driven courses, as far as I understand... I.e. she needs to have audio output...

BUT: Some days ago, after one of several Windows Updates audio-output has stopped. Windows Updates "hang", will not execute, too.
It should not be a problem of using a european MS-Installation in an ex-european/english-speaking/australian environment, should it?
It should not be connnected to the Lenovo-tweaked Intel Graphics-driver (515-chip), should it?
  • No change after uninstalling / reinstalling audio-drivers (two are indicated:(1)intel audio-display(?, installed itself unasked) and (2) Realtek)
  • No change after changing setup (virtual system on/off
Anyone similar experiences,similar behavior with similar systems (Yoga 3-11. Helix 2ndG)
-friedrich-eugen-
started with IBM-XT & AST-Ascentia (910N) in the 90ties, relying on Thinkpads (770X, A31P, T60-61P Frankenp.) until 2017,
now using TP W530 FHD (i7 Nvida 2GB, 32GB, 500GB & 2TB SSD), X230T (i7 32GB/ 1TB), TP Yoga X390 (i7 16GB 2TB)
Windows 10 & Windows 11 Pro