Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Yoga 260 - Stylus Jitters

Discuss the ThinkPad-branded Yoga
kingLJN

Yoga 260 - Stylus Jitters

#1 Post by kingLJN » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:14 am

I have been using the Yoga for several months without issues after a screen replacement/power supply chip repair to resolve the previous issues (viewtopic.php?f=72&t=133462)
Seems there are new problems now
A few days ago I noticed that
- when the stylus was detected as in use but floating above the screen, the cursor for it would shake all over the place like crazy, but touching the screen panel and drawing proved fine.
Asked a few folks out there and they dismissed it as common with Wacom tablets
And it seems worse, as now
- when using the stylus on apps like Paint Tool SAI, it constantly misclicks.
Thus making the small menu buttons on the app much harder to navigate and the paint bucket tool a pain to use.
- When using it as a mouse on anything else, the cursor still jitters, as shown in this vid

(size: 7.4MB, time: ~15sec) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 193150.mp4

Doesn't matter how the power is configured or plugged in. Though it seems more noticeable when the unit is decently hot.

Any good solution to this issue? Since I bought it used for cheap, if there is another major hardware repair needed I will probably replace it.

EDIT: Another issue might be related, since I sometimes use a working USB cabled mouse from someone: Its cursor also jitters once in a while. Could the USB controller somehow be at fault?

kingLJN

Re: Yoga 260 - Stylus Jitters

#2 Post by kingLJN » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:24 am

More notes: The finger touch works fine without issues as of this posting so I doubt the panel has any physical damage within it