Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

P70 - need (34mm) ExpressCard reader (board) 'Device description' & 'Hardware ID' in Win 10 Pro 64-bit OS

Windows 1x on Thinkpads
Frankenstien

P70 - need (34mm) ExpressCard reader (board) 'Device description' & 'Hardware ID' in Win 10 Pro 64-bit OS

#1 Post by Frankenstien » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Hey all ... Lenovo slipped me a 'dummy' ExpressCard reader board (and I don't mean the black plastic insert that serves to protect the slot opening from debris, I mean a non-functional ExpressCard slot) on my new P70 (20ERCTO1WW) ... even though ExpressCard slot functionality is supposedly a standard feature on the base P70.

Lenovo Canada has acknowledged this and is shipping an entire new P70 unit (took them from 02 to 30DEC16 for this 1st unit), however, despite my repeated attempts with Lenovo Tech Support in the U.S. and Canada, and, Sales in Canada, no one I spoke with could provide the Win 10 Device Manager 'Device description' & 'Hardware ID' parameters of a properly functioning ExpressCard slot (apparently Lenovo also has a Software [Canada?] Department that may have been able to answer these questions ... but after an all-morning session on the phone, I lost patience with their failed call-transfer attempt and gave up on them) ... just so I could definitively isolate my failed efforts to get a StarTech.com ECESATA22 ExpressCard to be detected and installed as no fault of mine or StarTech's.

Anyone out there got one of these P70's with a working ExpressCard slot?  If so, I would appreciate knowing the Win 10 Device Manager 'Device description' & 'Hardware ID'.

Thanks, FFF