Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Display color change after wake

Windows 10 on Thinkpads
d_w_duck

Display color change after wake

#1 Post by d_w_duck » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:47 pm

I have a T440s that, while getting a bit older, is still a very capable device and meets my needs well.

Recently I updated to latest Windows 10 2004 build and since have been experiencing an odd display anomaly - after waking from sleep the display is dimmer and more yellow. Almost like the Night Light setting, which I have turned to "Off." When I open Settings>>Display the color and brightness immediately changes to what it should have been, and stays like that until the next wake from sleep.

I thought about rolling back the driver, but rollback is not available.

I've searched the forum and online but haven't found anyone else having this issue.

Any suggestions?

axur-delmeria
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: Display color change after wake

#2 Post by axur-delmeria » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:12 pm

Try to search if there's a command-line program that can force the setting, then see if it can be set to run when resuming from sleep.
Daily driver: X220 4291-C91 i7-2620M

Backup: X601 Core 2 Duo T8100
Toy: X60F Core Solo U1300
On loan: X220 4291-P79 i5-2520M
In pieces: two retired but working X61Ts
RIP: 760XD 9546-U9E; X61 7676-A24; and a BOE-Hydis HV121P01-100 in failed SXGA+ mod
:cry:

d_w_duck

Re: Display color change after wake

#3 Post by d_w_duck » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:54 pm

I would search but I'm not sure which setting needs to resume after sleep. After sleep and the color is shifted, upon entering the Settings>>Display the "Night Light" toggle is still in the "Off" position, so it's not that it is turning itself on, but that the color of the screen is changing. I don't know if it is the Night Light setting or not, only that when I resume after sleep the display color has changed and opening the Display area in Settings automatically resets the color of the screen to what it should have been.

This is new behavior since updating a few days ago.