1. START RECOVERY DISC: 43E1238
2. OPERATING SYSTEM RECOVERY DISC: 46R6445
3. APPLICATIONS AND DRIVERS RECOVERY DISC: 44Y4204
4. PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8187 (Disc 1of 6)
5. PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8214 (Disc 2 of 6)
6. PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8214 (Disc 3 of 6)
7. PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8268 (Disc 4 of 6)
8. PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8295 (Disc 5 of 6)
9. PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8322 (Disc 6 of 6)
10. RESCUE AND RECOVERY CD: 43E0987
11. SUPPLEMENTAL PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8617
I recently reset the laptop to factory condition using the blue Thinkvantage key, but instead of restoring XP Pro, it restored Vista Business. I would very much like to use these disks to downgrade back to XP Pro as was done previously, but while I have the full disk set, I haven't a clue as to which disk to start the downgrade with, and I cannot locate the instructions Lenovo provided with them.
Can someone supply me with the step-by-step instructions? I would be most thankful!!
Check/change BIOS Boot-priority that your CD-drive (IDE CD) is the first boot-drive.
Insert the only bootable CD, your #1.
Save (F10) and exit BIOS to restart.
See here for more: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/migr-70803
Check out The Boardroom for Parts, Mods and Other Services.
- Senior Member
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:45 pm
- Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio, United States
Wife's: T61p T9500·2010 FX570m·WUXGA | X220T i7-2640M
- Freshman Member
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:19 pm
- Location: Toronto, Canada
Do you have the supplemental disc (SUPPLEMENTAL PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8617) (choose yes) then insert and remove...
Then insert and remove the remaining discs as it asks for them onscreen...
PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8187 (Disc 1of 6)
PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8214 (Disc 2 of 6)
PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8214 (Disc 3 of 6)
PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8268 (Disc 4 of 6)
PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8295 (Disc 5 of 6)
PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8322 (Disc 6 of 6)
Then insert and remove:
SUPPLEMENTAL PRODUCT RECOVERY CD: 43T8617
Then wait for a few hours for it to restore it to XP...
- Posts: 10131
- Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:26 am
- Location: San Jose, CA 95120 USA
X22 X24 X31 X41 X41T X60 X60s X61 X61s X200 X200s X300 X301 Z60m Z61t Z61p 560 560Z 600 600E 600X T21 T22 T23 T41 T60p T410 T420 T520 W500 W520 R50 A21p A22p A31 A31p
NOTE: All links to PC-Doctor software hosted by me are dead. Files removed 8/28/12 by manufacturer's demand.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests