I've been one of the folks complaining about low-quality rebuilt SXGA screens all over eBay and Alibaba, and promised I'd alert folks if I found a worthy alternative.
I think I have good news--- I've bought a quantity of screens from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HV121P0 ... 16705.html and so far, the screens have been legit. These appear to be rebuilds, but I can confirm that at very least the ones I've bought have been entirely OEM parts, or at least indistinguishable to very close inspection and measurement. Whatever the origin, they meet the spec of a factory new screen with no defects.
1) Just because I've bought 10 sceens and all were perfect, of course this doesn't mean that will continue to be true. So still some risk.
2) The rebuilder has sealed these screens with black silicone inside the frame. I actually approve of this mod, it makes them stronger, eliminates the possibility of pinch-points, and keeps dust out. But it does mean you're not going to get them open. (FTR, I opened one anyway-- took more than an hour-- to establish the parts were legit).
You can either get a screen from me, or buy direct from the AliExpress seller and save the extra round of shipping.
Thinkpad Media Centre: X61T running XBMC with Broadcom Crystal HD BCM970015, Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 plugged into Cambridge Audio Sonata AR30 receiver
So forget about that lead >-(
- Sophomore Member
- Posts: 209
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:46 pm
- Location: St.Thomas, Ontario, CANADA
Are the digitizers on these SXGA screens pen-enabled or just touch?
Would be interested in a couple of screens if pen-enabled as well.
Current Daily Drivers: Various X60T & X61T's, various T42p-T43p's, x200 x201 x220 x230 W520 T601F LED (T9500/8Gb/250SSD/W7 Ultimate)
"Life Is A Journey...Enjoy The Ride!"
The digitizers are the usual pen-only, no finger touch.
FTR, you can take the touch glass and digitizer backplane off an XGA tablet screen, slap it on an SXGA and it works completely correctly. It turns out to be resolution independent.
- Senior Member
- Posts: 828
- Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 11:21 pm
- Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests